Monday, March 9, 2009

Bloggerific


What is bloggerific you ask?  Well, I'm certain it is not me.

As I sat 3 rows back from a man shoving himself into a giant condom so he could  have a smoke I realized I was seriously slacking in my blogging efforts. If I have time to roam the halls of the magic castle, I have time to blog.

This past week was a bit strange as the training unexpectedly lightened.  When I was training it was at the same level, but there were less days and less 2 a day's or bricks.  This kind of threw me off a bit and I lagged in other parts of my life.  For example I did FOUR loads of laundry on Friday.....FOUR.  Sweet, now that I write this it kind of indicates that I was letting that slip for a while.

Although there were fewer workouts I had a long..ish bike on Friday, followed by a 50 minute run. The run seemed somewhat easy but in the middle of the bike it hit me how much improvement I have to make as well as the mental adventure I'm headed towards as I get to longer training days and especially, race day. Perhaps one of the biggest challenges for me is to figure out how to not get bored on the bike.  It's tough to play "I Spy" by yourself....and, it's a little freaky when you get frustrated, snap and tell yourself "NO, WE are NOT there yet!"

With that said, I'm re-focused and will keep up the communication.  At the very least I'll provide my training log.  

P.S. The gentleman in the upper right of this posting spoke not a word during his on stage expression of "excuse me...what?", just cries of "eerrhhhaaaah" and "Whooooouup!". The weird part wasn't necessarily the witnessing of his act, it was sitting at the bar having coffee after the show only to have his Whoooupness and his lovely assistant Fermeldihyde post up next to us as I attempt to gather my sanity.


1 comment: