Wednesday, February 4, 2009

And so it begins....

So, I've been known to make interesting decisions while out for breakfast by myself.  I'm using one of those decisions to create and contribute to this blog, the other I hope on August 30th, will take me 112 miles as fast as it can....or better yet, and a bit more realistic, as fast as I can.

Ladies and gentlemen, the bike has been secured.  The choice, a 2008 Giant TCR comp series Medium frame. Now, for the freelance work that will pay for it. I think I'll slap a lit "For Hire" sign on my back and form the Pasadena Pedicab Crew or ,perhaps, I'll walk old ladies across the street and tell them, "the assistance through this perilous endeavor was free but please consider a small donation to the starving triathletes fund."

On February 8th, the pieces of the puzzle begin to be flipped, arranged and put into place.  This will mark 29 weeks out from Canada and the beginning of my core Ironman training.  Although I can't seem to shake this weak, or tightening hamstring deal, I feel it's improving somewhat and I'm ready to get dirty.  What doesn't help is when checking voicemail earlier I ran into a message from Frank, the hard selling rec league baseball manager calling about Winter/Spring practice (yep we have winter/spring training for adult league baseball...what?).  This is the root of my hamstring issue as I went from zero to sprinting without stretching a few times....apparently I can't do that anymore. I have yet to call Frank back as I'm not sure adult league baseball can be part of this puzzle, and that's a hard thing to tell the guy who's gonna bring up the championship game I missed due to work last year and where we came up short in that contest.  This final game of the season was no doubt concluded with a profanity slurred speech about this team having no business losing to Tito Jackson and the misfits, and this wouldn't have happened if the whole team was here and people didn't blow off the most important game of the year. Yes, Frank and his trusty side kick Frisky (the profanity slurred member of this duo) take this stuff that seriously.  And as Manny Ramirez, sorry I mean Scott "Should Have an Accident soon" Boras fights for $25 million a year for 4 years, Frank will attempt to make his lucrative offer sound as if Manny's getting ripped off. Of course, in this case, the $25 Million will be replaced by the lack of guilt I'll feel by saying yes. Wow, tangent, stream of consciousness...sorry, moving on.

With a bit more focus and purpose I soon begin this new exciting and scary adventure...and you have to read all about it. (choice of words reviewed and confirmed)





1 comment:

  1. hamstring schmamstring. i thought you were made of iron?

    ReplyDelete