Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Quncy Jones ain't no swimmer

So, I'm blogging not only for your pure enjoyment but to keep record of my adventures in my quest to complete an Ironman. In this, the very first week of the Ironman training program, I find myself swimming laps at the local 24 hr fitness coming out of the water only to breathe and catch snippets of outrageous stories of hookers, drugs, Thriller and "OJ ain't no killer....he was set up by some shady mob Cats out of Jersey...framed his ass for that $#!&, knew he and Nicole were fightin" from none other than Mr. Quincy Jones...This journey to 140.6 miles in one go at it is bound to be nothing short of one of the greatest adventures I'll have in this life if I'm sharing over chlorinated water with Quincy Friggin Jones.

Alright, so I'm not absolutely sure it was Quincy, but I'm not stretching the truth on the stories I was privy to while getting in my swim this evening, and the dude looked just like the man (maybe a tad younger)...I mean seriously who the hell wears designer sun (SUN) glasses in an indoor pool at 7 p.m. on a Wednesday, moves no more than a foot while in the water and sits there for an hour telling ridiculous stories about, " Girl said not to touch my ass and I'm not to touch any of you, and I gots to listen, girl treats me too good...so there I was, 5 naked women in my bed with me and I can't touch none of 'em......they're ain't nobody livin as hard as we did back in the day, these days they ain't nobody gangsta, ain't nobody liven MY life today!"

Moving on.....Only a half a week of the Ironman training program down, but I'm excited. I'm excited that I'm getting closer to doing things I've never done before, I'm excited about taking my new bike out for it's first ride of any significant length this weekend, I'm excited that I used that many "I's" in one sentence. Things are good and any thoughts, encouragement, tips are welcome.

until next time...

2 comments:

  1. You are a maniac, dude. But to get that bike to pay for itself, you may want to ride it to work everyday! (even if it makes you stink)

    You should create a personalized workout journal with all your distances and gym work on PrayFit:

    http://www.jimmypena.net/prayfit/

    Good luck, buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont forget to stretch!!!

    And breathe! Even in the car in evil traffic, when youre scrunched into your cubicle. Remember to breathe. And come visit me in Boulder!

    ReplyDelete