Monday, February 23, 2009

Swim, bike, cupcakes


Regressing the sport, pretty sure that will be my slogan.  I mean, I'm not apathetic about the whole thing, I'm  loving this and I'm working hard at it, but come on it's not like stars will align and I'll turn in a sub 8hr Ironman and walk away providing xtri.com with quotes that will inspire this years champion in Kona. Maybe I'll make 15.5 hour finishers cool? Ok, that's pushing it....16?

My path to Ironman mediocracy has brought me to the last time I'll bike or run under 45 minutes until taper time. Exciting, yes I know, but still, this means the next time I find myself sucking at life and not getting out of bed until ....well, what's in a number really, the time I got up isn't really important.  Anyway I mean the next time I rationalize my way into getting on the trainer because of the lack of daylight, instead of unleashing the super cools wheels on Angeles Crest I'll be doing it at a minimum of 2.5/3 hours, which may cause me to fade in and out of consciousness.  

This was a bit of a tough week, not necessarily the workouts, more on the side of staying focused on getting them in and I'm stoked it's over with and today I begin a new week.  I must say, however, that the week ended well and I got to enjoy a cupcake.....or 3 with little Miss Mya Audrey on her very 1st birthday.  

Happy Bday Mya!

1 comment: