Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Dirty details - Training Log

I will be posting my training at http://www.jimmypena.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 , a website created in part by my boy Eric and plan to import the dirty details here. This will hopefully provide a view of the actual training and accompany the super cool blog.


Team PrayFit Groupie - Paterson Training log for Ironman CA
by paterson6 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:57 pm
I have decided to take on a new challenge this year, that challenge will hopefully come to fruition on August 30, 2009 at Ironman Canada. I've been an athlete since I could walk, but endurance is brand new to me. I finished two half Ironman's last year and after further review they apparently don't add up to qualify as a full, therefore I will tackle my first full IM this year.I have completed a breif period (month) of base training and now I begin my 29 week training program

Monday - 1hr Spin class, oddly enough you don't just sit there and spin on the lightest gear. Great workout, and no Eric, I did not wear thuper thweet bike shorts (not a fan)

Tuesday - 30 min easy run on the treadmill followed by a high rep chest workout

Wednesday - Swimmin with Quincy, 50 min swim in the lane next to a Quincy Jones look alike wearing designer shades indoors in a pool telling inappropriate (but awesome) stories

Thursday - ummmm, off?

Friday - First Brick workout, 45 minutes high intensity on the bike followed by a 20 minute easy run. (note: a brick is a combined workout Bike/Run, Swim/Bike, Swim/Run, Run/KFC, etc.)Saturday - Will be my first ride of any length (2 hours), on the new wheels Any tips, words of encouragement, applicable verses are welcomed and appreciated. This will be a difficult, but great adventure

Re: Team PrayFit Groupie - Paterson Training log for Ironman CA
by paterson6 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:51 am
I am going to try and update this daily, feel free to virtually slap me if I slack a bit.

Saturday Feb 14th - Easy bike ride, between 1 1/2 hours and 2 hrs, didn't keep track as I was a bit discouraged at the way I felt coming out of a hard spin and run on Friday, well that and the late Friday night. I did however follow the bike with a great 3 1/2 hour hike into the Angeles Forest on Saturday.

Sunday Feb 15th - Quick and easy 40 minute swim followed immediately by lazy.

Monday - Off, unless playing in the rain and running into the movie theater counts?

Tuesday Feb. 16th - Solid hi rep chest and shoulder day followed by a moderate 45 minute run (good day), my dumb hamstring continues to feel a bit weak and tightens up a little.

Wednestday Feb. 18th - Today will be another 40 minute swim (but I plan to increase that to 2000 meters, which will be more like an hour for me) and a 30 minute run.

Second half of the week results and schedule:

Thursday Feb. 19 - 50 minute Spin and El Pollo Loco

Friday Feb. 20 - Back, Arms and 50 min run

Saturday Feb. 21 - 2hr ride then Mya's 1st Bday

Sunday Feb. 22 - 2000m swim

Next week it's time for everything to increase a bit, most likely nothing under an hour. Happy Friday all, today let's do something great.

2 comments:

  1. Loving this! Keep up the posting! ahem...my previous comment? STRETCH crazy. google 'half pigeon' for the hamstring, i did a yin yoga class last week and had to hold this (forehead on ground) for 5 minutes. yowza! but my hammies is just fine

    ReplyDelete